The physical properties, chemical composition and atomic structure of the synthetic gemstone are basically same as those of the natural stones, which they are trying to duplicate.
Various methods or techniques are used to produce synthetic gemstones.
- Flame fusion (Verneuil process produces mainly corundum and spinel)
- Crystal Pulling (Czochralski process produces mainly Ruby & Alexandrite)
- Skull Melting (Produces mainly Cubic Zirconium oxide)
- Zone Melting (Process produces mainly corundum & Alexandrite)
- Flux Melt (Process produces mainly Emerald,Ruby, Alexandrite& Spinal)
- Hydrothermal Growth (Produces Mainly Quartz, Emerald & Corundum)